Posture & Movement for Actors:
The Actor’s Body is his work tool
Being a performer – be it for screen or stage: you’re having to put your body through hell and back.
Going into a character’s physicality can take its toll on the body. Besides, you’re not always in character: you have your own posture in life. You spend time sitting, standing, moving, training… This is why it going into performance movement requires some groundwork.
Using a combination of calisthenics, Alexander, animal flow, Laban and mobility work we will allow you to:
- find alignment in your body
- fix postural issues
- better your movement abilities by expanding your range
- understand the postural chain and its role within the performance
- be ready to jump in and out of character healthily from a physical perspective
- 1-2-1 coaching: Embracing movement and posture (with text); All levels welcome
- Rehearsal Workshops: Preparing a show and wanting to make sure your cast can move safely?
- Performance Prep: Finding and owning your character’s physicality; preparing for a performance
- Performance Rehab: How to heal and recover from the physical strains induced by living and performing
Get in touch to find what suits you best!
London-based meetups / Online Coaching options available
Contact me at email@example.com